The British Embassy Chisinau announces a Call for Project Proposals addressed to organizations with experience of working on climate change and environmental issues in the Republic of Moldova.
This call is specifically aimed at Project Proposals related to the UK's four priorities, as part of its Presidency of the Conference of Parties on Climate Change and host of the COP26 summit in November.
- clean growth: focus on renewable energy; tackling emissions; clean growth in sectors such as power, transport and industry
- green finance: the green transformation of the financial sector
- nature-based solutions: mitigate climate change and biodiversity loss; restoration of natural habitats and ecosystems
- adaptation and resilience: helping communities prepare for natural disasters
Further details of the UK's climate change ambition and priorities can be found at www.ukcop26.org
We welcome Project Proposals in the value range up to £20,000.
- project alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities
- projects should include clear gender and social inclusion activities or outcomes within the above mentioned thematic priorities wherever possible
- projects should have clearly defined SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-limited) outputs and deliverables and demonstrate value for money
- project partners can be local or national across Moldova or international organizations;
- projects must cover activities which meet Official Development Assistance definitions
- funding may be granted to consortia of local and / or international organisations; but there will need to be a clear lead organisation that will be accountable for financial and results management and delivery
- funding allocations for 2020/21 must be spent by 31 December 2020
- successful applicants will be required to submit quarterly and final financial and narrative reporting
- as a general rule, grants should not be used to procure goods and equipment but this will be considered on a case-by-case basis; no more than 10% of project funds may be used for equipment. The Fund may not be used for donations
- payments will be made in MDL at a FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) rate
Reporting and M&E
- the supplier will meet at least monthly with the British Embassy team to discuss ongoing progress regarding the execution of the project plan (including communications plan), risks and impact
- the supplier will be required to submit, quarterly and formally, financial and narrative reports on the project, as well as a completion report at the end of the project;
- FCO reserves the right to carry out evaluation visits at a time agreed with the supplier and after giving reasonable notice
The supplier is asked to assume that they will deliver an entirely independent intervention should they win the competition. Items such as office space, translation costs, security, legal fees and insurance, transport and accommodation costs should be priced into the contract.
The supplier is responsible for due diligence of potential partners and for assessing, reporting on and mitigating all risks at a project level.
How to apply
Applicants must complete the Project Proposal and Project Budget forms (in English). Applicants must be aware that the British Embassy Chisinau will accept applications by April 21, 2020. Projects Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Please note that the size of one message should not exceed 3 MB.
Download the Project Proposal Form
Download the Budget Form
Applicants must send the completed Project Proposal and Project Budget forms to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british-embassy-chisinau-announces-a-call-for-proposals-climate-change-2